So a chenille fabric is on the agenda that is for sure. This one from Turkey is quite exquisite. Some people favour an animal print too...
One thing is for sure. One yard of material should not cost more than 12 X the price of the chair...and my all time favorite does....
Nevertheless, with the snow melting and Spring knocking on the door I decided to swing over to Joann and see what would tickle my fancy. Thus I made a backwards flip and opted for something more "lively" and less conventional. After all it is all lifeandsoup. The receiver of the chair will love it. So I purchased the fabric and moved on.
So first I stripped the whole thing down that is removed be old fabrics and foam. Not too hard I must admit.
Next things got harder as I had to remove the old staples without causing damage to the wood from nicks and crannies. I came to the realization that the best refab projects are the ones that are not only in great shape but are also easy to refurbish...
Upon reflection I decided to get another solid blue or green tone upholstery fabric for the base to break out the flower power reflected in the material I purchased. But that is later....
Nevertheless, things didn't look too shabby today and after a bit of elbow grease with sandpaper and steel wool I decided to take a break and apply some stain tomorrow to even out the wood tone and head to the store to get "Restor a Finish." After all the idea is to maintain the character of the chair... and this product claims to do just that.
Well, plans are subject to change so I decided to sand a bit more with steel wool, apply wood conditioner and finally stain. No "Restor a Finish."
I must say I like the results. All I need to do now is wait 5 hours before applying the quick drying poly finish..





Leopard!
ReplyDeleteSince leopards don't appear in turquoise blue, one of the colors considered, this might not be an option.
ReplyDelete