Thursday, June 19, 2014

Chairs and more chairs....

A couple of weeks ago I decided that chairs were not only practical but if refurbished properly a good way to beautify any small space....


Chair number one:
I found this beauty a a local thrift store. Although her heritage dates back to the seventies I felt she had good bones and potential. Last but not least she seemed quite comfortable and with a new seat she could look quite glamourous too...




So I used stripper (which I found in garage) to remove the old stain and varnish.  After hours of scrapping off a gooey mess with a toothbrush I was left with this:


Next I used sand paper and steel wool to remove the old dried out gooey mess and sand down a dent on the back. After doing  a bit of research and opted for a nice dark oak stain. After 3 sessions of stain application and spray polyurethane (the whole process took a couple of days for you have to let the stain dry) this is what I have so far...


and here she is....



No comments:

Post a Comment