I have been to Morocco today and picked up this beautiful belt from the seventies....You could find similar ones for sale on the web for 40 bucks sometime someplace ..
but I only had a buck in my pocket at that particular moment.. As a simple, crafty well travelled polyglot I knew the drill from the get go....
So since it was solid brass I figured "brasso" would come in handy. Let us not forget cotton swabs and as usual no pain no gain...
The leather was white...so no work there... This is that glorious buckle after some TLC.....
I shall continue on the remaining 14 brass medals with the help of "Brasso"...
And so I did. It was not easy but then neither might a visit to Morocco or any exotic land be (Imagine the consequences of drinking the water....) Nevertheless, I finished the job by cleaning the leather with "leather honey." I don't know how many times I will wear it but then again how many times will I go to Morocco....for a dollar that is...... Here is the final product:
No comments:
Post a Comment