Here is a beauty I found at the local goodwill store. Danish design from the seventies. With stripper, oak stain, varnish, brand new seat covers and loads of elbow grease I believed she could look quite pretty...
For a while I was inclined to paint it a bright color but opted against it as you will see below...
Here is what she looked like after I removed the old varnish with stripper, filled in a crack with wood filler, sanded it down, applied the oak stain and varnish. In this case I also applied wood conditioner before staining to aid the staining process:
So here she is now....
So here you go again before and after.....
Just in case you are wondering about a little sewing bench in the background it is just a little bench that opens nicely and provides storage. However, its material was a bit outdated....So I decided to reupholster that too...Here you go...



No comments:
Post a Comment